Montag, 23. Juli 2012

Dramatis Personae

This post will constantly be updated and is supposed to help readers with the large cast of characters. I will add them here whenever a new character is introduced in a new chapter, but sort them alphabetically (going by their family name, unless only their first name is known) to make it easier to look them up.



A

Leo Abbot - a Hufflepuff and boyfriend of Mary Macdonald in Severus' year, first mentioned in chapter II.3.

Pater Anselm - a Catholic priest and Amandine Black's confessor, he is introduced in chapter I.33.

Bernadette Aubrey - is a student sorted to Hufflepuff in Narcissa's year, older sister of Douglas. She is mentioned in chapter I.1.

the Aubrey brothers - two famously thick Gryffindor students during Narcissa's and Lucius' time in school, mentioned in chapter I.12.

Douglas Aubrey - a Slytherin and member of the Sepulture Septuplet, first mentioned in chapter II.2.

Chester Avery - father of Rupert and a Death Eater, mentioned first in chapter II.2.

Rupert Avery - son of Chester, a Slytherin who is one year younger than Narcissa and joins the Sepulture Septuplet in his fifth year. He is introduced in chapter I.20.


 B

Barnabas the Barmy - a wizard of some renown for wanting to teach ballet to trolls, a statue of him is on display in Hogwarts. That statue is mentioned first in chapter I.15.

Damocles Belby - called 'Cle' by his friends, is a dorm-mate of Lucius, gifted potioneer and son of a famous potioneer. He is also a founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet and first appears in chapter I.1.

Alphard Black - younger brother of Cygnus and Orion, unmarried, he is much disliked by his female relatives for his salaciousness. He first appears in chapter I.23.

Amandine Black - is the French wife of Cygnus Black and loving mother of Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa. She is first mentioned in chapter I.1.

Andromeda Black - called 'Andy' by her sisters and many friends, born in 1954, she is the middle daughter of Cygnus and Amandine Black and sister of Bellatrix and Narcissa. She's a Slytherin student, Prefect and Head Girl in her final year. She first appears in chapter I.1.

Bellatrix Black - usually called 'Bella', born in 1951, she is the eldest daughter of Cygnus and Amandine Black and sister of Andromeda and Narcissa. She is a living legend in Slytherin House. She first appears in chapter I.1.

Cedrella Black - a disowned aunt of the Black sisters, mentioned in chapter I.14.

Cygnus Black - is the older son of the London branch of the Black family, brother of Orion Black, husband of Amandine and father of Bellatrix, Amandine and Narcissa. He is first mentioned in chapter I.1.

Orion Black - the younger brother of Cygnus and husband of Walburga, father of Sirius and Regulus. First mentioned in chapter I.6.

Narcissa Black - called 'Cissy' by her sisters and detractors, 'Cissa' by her (few) friends, born February 29th in 1956, she is the daughter of Cygnus and Amandine Black and youngest sister of Bellatrix and Andromeda. She is the heroine of this story. Like her sisters, she was sorted to Slytherin. She first appears in chapter I.1.

Phineas Nigellus Black - he is the story's principal narrator, long dead at the beginning of the story and therefore only appearing in the Prologue (and subsequent Interludes). He is also the great-grandfather of Andromeda, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Regulus and Sirius Black.

Regulus Black - born in 1960, he is the youngest Black and brother of Sirius. He is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Sirius Black - born in 1959 and consequently in the same year like Severus, he is the older son of Orion and Walburga and brother of Regulus. He is the only member of his family that was ever sorted into another House than Slytherin, he went to Gryffindor in fact. He is first mentioned in chapter I.5.

Walburga Black - ill-spirited wife (and second grade cousin) of Orion, mother of Sirius and Regulus. She is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Stubby Boardman - singer of the Hobgoblins, first mentioned in chapter I.24.

Everett Bobbin - he is the heir to the country's largest chain of apothecaries, a Ravenclaw, and attends Hogwarts at the same time like Lucius and Narcissa.

Francis Boot - the Ravenclaw Senior Prefect in Severus' fifth year, mentioned in chapter II.1.


 C

Alecto Carrow - is one of the few female Death Eaters and sister of Amycus, first appearing in chapter I.21.

Amycus Carrow - is a Hogwarts student at the same time like Bellatrix and Narcissa and has the position of a Beater on the Slytherin Team in Narcissa's first year in school. He has a sister called Alecto and is first seen in chapter I.1.

Marlon Crabbe - often called 'Crabs', is one year older than Lucius and a close friend from Slytherin. He also plays for the House Team. He is a founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He first appears in chapter I.6.

Sherilyn Crabbe - older sister of Marlon, she makes an appearance in chapter I.11.

Enid Crick - a very attractive halfblood from Ravenclaw during Severus' time in school, mentioned in chapter II.2.

Barnabas Cuffe - another member of Slytherin House and editor of the school paper. He first appears in chapter I.1.


D

Hector Dagworth-Granger - a potions expert and book author, in which capacity he is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Sheldon Derrick - a Slytherin player during Lucius' time as a captain, appearing first in chapter I.9.

Armando Dippet - used to be a Hogwarts Headmaster and gets mentioned in the Prologue.

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - born in the 19th century, he is the Headmaster in Hogwarts from 1955 to his death. He was a Gryffindor himself and Transfiguration teacher. He also acts as one of the story's narrators and consequently makes his first appearance in the Prologue.


 E

Elsy - Narcissa's faithful house-elf, she first appears in chapter I.17.

Harold Evans, called Harry, a muggle working as a chemistry teacher, husband of Rosemary and father of Petunia and Lily, he is first seen in chapter I.31.

Lily Evans - born in 1959, she is a muggleborn childhood friend of Severus Snape, who was sorted to Gryffindor House. She makes her first appearance in chapter I.6.

Petunia Evans, the older daughter of Harold and Rosemary and sister of Lily. She first appears in chapter I.31.

Rosemary Evans, called Rosy, is a muggle and secretary, wife of Harold and mother of Petunia and Lily. She is first introduced in chapter I.31.


F

Isabella Fallucci - an Italian exchange student dating Lucius around Christmas 1972, mentioned in chapter I.24.

Fancourt - a Slytherin First Year in 1973 and player of Crabbed, mentioned in chapter I.30.

the Fat Lady - her portrait is guarding the entrance to Gryyfindor Tower, she's first seen in chapter II.1.

Donald Finkley - a Slytherin student and Beater for their team in Narcissa's first year. He gets mentioned in chapter I.1.

Filius Flitwick - a very short teacher for Charms in Hogwarts and Head of Ravenclaw House. He is firsts mentioned in chapter I.8.


G

Marvolo Gaunt - father of Morfin and Merope, grandfather of Tom Marvolo Riddle, mentioned first in chapter I.30.

Merope Gaunt - daughter of Marvolo, sister of Morfin and wife of Tom Riddle (senior), a handsome muggle. She died giving birth to their son Tom Marvolo Riddle, and is mentioned first in chapter I.30.

Morfin Gaunt - son of Marvolo, brother of Merope and uncle of Tom Riddle, he is one of the last descendants of Salazar Slytherin and thoroughly degenerated. He is first mentioned in chapter I.21.

Horatio Gibbon - called 'Gibbs' by his friends, he is another founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Solomon Goldstein - a handsome student in Narcissa's time at school, mentioned in chapter I.9.

Graham Goyle - called 'Golly' by his friends, is another roommate of Lucius and something like his best, if dim friend. He, too, is a member of the Slytherin House Team in the position of a Beater and a founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He first appears in chapter I.1.

Fenrir Greyback - a ferocious werewolf, son of Hannibal. First mentioned in Phineas' Narration - The Inbetween Years.

Hannibal Greyback - a mighty werewolf and advocate for better relations between humans and werewolves, killed by Lord Voldemort in the Sixties. He is mentioned in Phineas' Narration - The Inbetween Years.

Jeanie Greengrass - shares a dorm with Narcissa and has her first appearance in chapter I.1.

Eunice Gudgeon - is the Junior Prefect for Slytherin House in Narcissa's first year in school. She is mentioned in chapter I.1.


H

Myrtle Minna Hackensack - a girl who got killed by Tom Riddle's basilisk in 1942 and became a ghost haunting the school then. She is first mentioned in chapter I.30.

Ben Harper - a handsome replacement Quidditch Player for Slytherin House during Lucius' time as a captain. He appears first in chapter I.9.

Chloe Harper - a pretty Slytherin girl in Lucius' year, at one point dating him during their sixth year. She is first mentioned in chapter I.2.

Delbert Harper - at one time assisting Lucius in that one's position as Team Captain, he is the younger brother of Ben and a cousin of Chloe Harper; he's first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Ignatio Marvolo Harper - at one time a possible candidate for being Tom Riddle's father, shortly mentioned in chapter I.30.

Bertram Higgs - universally called 'Bertie' is a close friend and roommate of Lucius, he, too, is a founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He gets first mentioned in chapter I.1.

I

Izzy - one of the house-elves in Malfoy Manor, first seen in chapter I.11.


J

Martha Jorkins - a brazen roommate of Narcissa, first appearing in chapter I.1.

Jebediah Jugson - is a Death Eater who was initiated at the same time like Lucius. He is first mentioned in chapter I.21.


 L

Rabastan Lestrange - is the middle child of Reginald Lestrange and brother of Rodolphus and Rabea. He is a Law Wizard and early member of the Death Eaters, first mentioned in chapter I.19.

Rabea Lestrange - is a roommate of Bellatrix, and youngest child of Reginald, sister of Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange. She first appears in I.1.

Reginald Lestrange - a very early member of the Death Eaters, older brother of Robinius and father of Rodolphus, Rabastan and Rabea. He makes his first appearance in chapter I.19.

Reynold Lestrange - son of Robinius, younger brother of Rosalind, a Slytherin and member of the Sepulture Septuplet. She first appears in chapter II.2.

Robinius Lestrange - another early member of the Death Eaters who went to school with Tom Riddle, he is Reginald's younger brother. He is first seen in chapter I.19. and later on dies in battle.

Rodolphus Lestrange - is the eleven-years-older husband of Bellatrix, oldest son of Reginald and brother of Rabea and Rabastan. He is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Rosalind Lestrange - daughter of Robinius, older sister of Reynold, a Slytherin and member of the Sepulture Septuplet. She first appears in chapter II.2.

Frank Longbottom - the only son of an old and wealthy family, he is one year older than Lucius and a Gryffindor student. He is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Remus Lupin - born in 1959, he is a Gryffindor in Severus' year and best friends with Sirius Black, James Potter and Peter Pettigrew. He is first mentioned in chapter I.12.

M

Abraxas Malfoy - impertinently rich wizard and cantancerous father of Lucius. He is married to Elisabeth von Wolfenstein but hasn't seen her in ages, raising their son on his own. He makes his first appearance in chapter I.2.

Alexandrias Malfoy - an ancestor of the Malfoys from Renaissance times who designed and built the library in Malfoy Manor. He is first seen in chapter I.11.

Caesar Malfoy - another Malfoy ancestor, seen in chapter I.11.

Elisabeth von Wolfenstein Malfoy - a witch of German descent, wife of Abraxas and mother of Lucius. She is a cold-hearted woman who only got married for the money and not caring for her offspring at all; soon after giving birth to the boy she returned to live with her own family in South-Western Germany. She is first mentioned in chapter I.2.

Hector Malfoy - a Malfoy ancestor whose portrait is on display in Abraxas' study. He appears in chapter I.11.

Lucius Malfoy - called 'Luce' or 'Malf' by his mates, born in November 1953, is the only son of Abraxas Malfoy and his estranged wife Elisabeth and consequently heir to the country's largest fortune. He is one of this story's heroes, even if that term might appear malapproriated in regard to his character. He's a great fan of Quidditch and plays for Slytherin since his second year, in his last years in school even captaining the team to great success. Together with his friends he founded the Sepulture Septuplet. He first appears in chapter I.1.

Harold Marjoribanks - becomes Minister for Magic in 1972 and is mentioned first in chapter I.19.

Minerva McGonagall - Transfiguration teacher and Head of Gryffindor House. First mentioned in chapter I.3.

Aramintha Meliflua - wife of Gulliver and an aunt of Cygnus, Orion and Alphard Black, mentioned in chapter I.23.

Gulliver Meliflua - husband of Aramintha and an uncle by marriage of Cygnus, Orion and Alphard Black, making an appearance in chapter I.23.

Damian Mortlake - older brother of Devlin and cousin of Thornton, who eloped with a halfblood. He is mentioned in chapter II.2.

Devlin Mortlake - called 'Dev', brother of Damian, cousin of Thornton, a Slytherin, one of Severus' roommates and in that capacity mentioned in chapter I.4., also he is a member of the Sepulture Septuplet and appears as such from chapter II.2. onwards.

Thornton Mortlake - a good-looking student during Narcissa's time at school, mentioned in chapter I.9.

Devlin Mulciber - a Slytherin in Severus' year and incidentally also one of his roommates. In that capacity, he is first mentioned in chapter I.4., his first mention by name happens in chapter I.20.


O

Mr Ogg - the Hogwarts groundkeeper during Severus' time in school, first mentioned in chapter II.1.

Hugh Oglethorpe - is the captain of the Slytherin Team in the school year 1967/68 and direct predecessor of Lucius Malfoy in that position. He gets first mentioned in chapter I.1.


P

Perpetua Parkin - 'a plump girl from a butcher dynasty with matching manners', she is a roommate of Narcissa who snores terribly.

Althea Penrose - a Hufflepuff in Severus' year and niece of the muggle expert Phoebus Penrose. She is first mentioned in chapter I.6.

Peter Pettigrew - born in 1959, a rather timid, mousy Gryffindor who is best friends with James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. He first appears in chapter I.12.

Phan - a spider Animagus and bartender from Bangkok, mentioned in chapter I.11.

Irma Pince - the Hogwarts librarian, making her first appearance in chapter I.8.
Poppy Pomfrey - the Hogwarts school nurse. First mentioned in chapter I.3.

Harry Potter - born on July 31st, he is the son of James Potter and Lily Evans, and was marked for death by Lord Voldemort as a baby. He is first mentioned in the Prologue.

James Potter - born in 1959, he is a popular Gryffindor student who alongside his friends Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew torments Severus. He is first mentioned in chapter I.12.

Mr Pringle - caretaker in Hogwarts during Narcissa's and Lucius' time. He is mentioned in chapter I.3.


R

Tom Marvolo Riddle - the most gifted student that ever attended Hogwarts, he went there in the 1940s and seemingly disappeared shortly afterwards. He is an idol for Narcissa during her school time as she aspires to be as good as him, in that capacity he is mentioned first in chapter I.16. For further information see: Lord Voldemort.

Tom Riddle (senior) - a handsome muggle, temporarily married to Merope Gaunt and father of Tom Marvolo Riddle. Mentioned first in chapter I.30.

Evan Rosier - nicknamed 'Rosie' by his friends, he is a Slytherin and founding member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He is one year younger than Lucius and first appears in chapter I.6.

Mr Rosier - Evan's father and a high-ranking Death Eater, first mentioned in chapter I.14. He went to school with Tom Riddle.

Madam Rosmerta - owner of the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade, she makes her first appearance in chapter I.27.


S

Gaspard Shingleton - a Ravenclaw student in Severus' year with a talent for charms. He gets mentioned in chapter I.6.

Rita Skeeter - another Slytherin student in Bellatrix' year and contributor to the school magazine.

Horace Slughorn - is a long-serving Potion-Master in Hogwarts and Head of Slytherin House. He's also until his retirement the deputy headmaster. He runs a little private club called the 'Slug Club' and first appears in chapter I.1.

Severus Snape - born January 9th in 1959, he is the son of the muggle Tobias 'Toby' Snape and the witch Elaine Prince and consequently a half-blood. He was nevertheless sorted to Slytherin House where he makes friends with Narcissa. He is one of this story's heroes and first appeares in chapter I.4. He has many nicknames, among them Snivellus, Sev, Savvy (by his mates in the Sepulture Septuplet) and, by his mother, Rusty.

Pomona Sprout - a teacher for Herbology during Lucius' and Narcissa's time in Hogwarts, she later becomes Professor Summerby's successor as Head of Hufflepuff House. She gets first mentioned in chapter I.13.

Professor Summerby - a teacher for Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House during Lucius' and Narcissa's time at school, first mentioned in chapter I.8.


T

Tamara - the older sister of one of Lucius' fellow students, and safe for Narcissa the most interesting girl he's ever met. She makes an appearance in chapter I.20.

Macaulay Tatting - he is a well-known tailor based in Hogsmeade, his shop is called Twilfitt & Tatting.

Tallulah Tatting - one year older than Lucius and his girlfriend at one time, she is the very beautiful granddaughter of Macaulay Tatting. She is a Hufflepuff and makes an appearance in chapter I.6.

Lennart Tonks - called Lenny, younger son of Ted and Andromeda Tonks, he is first mentioned in chapter I.33.

Nymphadora Tonks - daughter of Ted and Andromeda Tonks, she is first mentioned during Andromeda's pregnancy in chapter I.17.

Ted Tonks - boyfriend of Andromeda Black, Prefect for Hufflepuff House and gifted artist. First mentioned in chapter I.3.

Albert Travers - called 'Travis', cousin of Marianne, one of Severus' roommates and as such mentioned (if not by name) in chapter I.4., later on he's also a member of the Sepulture Septuplet appearing from II.2. onwards.

Marianne Travers - a Slytherin classmate of Bellatrix Black, first appearing in chapter I.1.

Mrs Travers - muggleborn grandmother of Albert and Marianne, briefly mentioned in chapter II.2.

Valeska Tugwood - calls herself 'Lassie' and is an irritatingly air-headed roommate of Narcissa.


V

Imogene Vaisey - another girl in Lucius' year, roommate of Chloe Harper and that one's successor as his girlfriend during his sixth year. First apperance in chapter I.3.

Lord Voldemort - is the pseudonym of a mighty Dark wizard and principal antagonist. He is first mentioned in chapter I.6. For further information, see: Tom Riddle.


W

Wildsmith - a famous Arithmancer whose books Narcissa cherishes. First mentioned in chapter I.4.

Mitchell Wilkes - a Slytherin in Narcissa's own year and member of the Sepulture Septuplet. He first appears in chapter I.20.

Y

Elias Yaxley - called either "Yax" or, less friendly, "The Eel", shares a room with Lucius, Graham Goyle, Bertie Higgs and Damocles Belby. He is the son of well-known Law Wizard Maxwell Yaxley and his wife Fiona, and has two sisters, Venus and Gladys. first appears in chapter I.1.

Fiona Yaxley - wife of Maxwell, mother of Venus, Gladys and Elias Yaxley, she is first mentioned in chapter I.16.

Gladys Yaxley - the middle daughter of Maxwell and Fiona Yaxley, sister of Venus and Elias, she is first mentioned in chapter I.5. and makes her first actual appearance in chapter I.16.

Maxwell Yaxley - a Law Wizard of some reputation, he is married to Fiona and father of Venus, Gladys and Elias. He is first seen in chapter I.16.

Venus Yaxley - is the oldest child of Maxwell and Fiona Yaxley. She was born in 1951 and is most famous for both her beauty and her capabilities as a potion-maker. She goes to Slytherin as well. She first appears in chapter I.1.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen